NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Euro Style Tail

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro Style Tail
    Posted: June-03-2005 at 2:17pm
I assume by swim grid that you mean the swim
platform. If so, In my experience, the
slanted tail has no impact on getting on
and off the platform.

The shape of the 90-96 platform is
different than that on the 81-89 models.
It is less square, narrowing as it
moves away from the boat. I don't know
if the surface area is smaller or wider.
The 97-2001 models had a platform similar
to the 90-96 models.

At some point in mid nineties, CC made the
platform solid, rather that have slats every other board. This was because law suits had
been filed after foolish individuals riding on the back of the boat had been overcome with carbon monoxide. The solid platform helps to cut down the fumes.

IMO, the only time the Euro tail is a difficulty is when shorter people are sitting on the back trying to put on a ski or wakeboard binding. It is just easier if the
back of the boat is relatively straight up and
down. This is the reason CC modified its SAN 210 extending the swim pad so that the rear of the boat is more up and down. The euro style tail also cut down some of the room which would have been available in the boat had the stern been more upright.

Regards,

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Trevor View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2005 at 1:37pm
Hello, I was wondering if the Euro Style tail on the 1990-1996 Nautiques made getting onto the swim grid harder do to the slant that its on? And is there less room on the swim grid compared to older or newer models?

Thanks for your time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic