NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Watersking In Chicago

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 12:32pm
to clear some things up, not only did the Cuyahoga river here in Cleveland catch on fire in 1969, so did a river in Philly and Chicago lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 12:49pm
I ski on Griggs Resevoir in Columbus so I am immune to most diseases. Maybe up north for a party weekend and good sking down south.
The point of life is not to arrive in the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in totally worn out shouting "holy sh#@ what a ride"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 2:13pm
Paul;

Don't let those comments scare you off on the Northwest Suburb skiing. We have the best of both worlds up here. The Fox River is a GREAT place to ski and board early AM and weekdays. It is a 17 mile stretch of water that can't be beat for a good public waterway in the Chicago area, plus it does have some destinations on it.   

The Broken Oar in Cary is a good bar/restaurant/marina, and I will guarantee you the waitresses do not have skin rashes, at least not that I have observed

Plus, I belong to a private ski club to get my slalom course fix on a private lake when things get a little busy on the river. Beautiful water. 2006 Nautique. Pretty driver/owner. slalom course. What more does a guy need????

Fox Lake aka "The Chain of Lakes" is fine during the week. However, the weekends are absolutely nuts on Saturday's and Sunday's. A good kind of nuts though. Lots of fun to get a group of people together and head to Blarneys.

Anyway, try lots of different areas and see what works best for you when you get settled in. I would be happy to take you as a guest (as well as any other CCF'r) to the ski club so you can try it out.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic