NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear engine mounts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear engine mounts
    Posted: March-11-2005 at 9:32pm
those interceptor mount are adjusted by wood shims. Havie worked on boats for over 20 years you would be best served by replacing the mounts with new adjustable mounts. you may have to notch the stringers so the new mounts fit lower into the stringer.Those old mount look good but the insulating material has no doubt gotten hard with aging. Good luck
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
tstafford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2005 at 5:05pm
Thanks guys,

It looks like things have settled over the years and some adjustability is needed. I will be calling Bruce.
Trevor 1968 Mustang
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2005 at 4:58pm
tstafford,

There are aftermarket front and rear motor mounts you can buy,They mount on the inside of the stringers with little modification. Midwest CC does alot of conversions from old shim style to new pcm adjustable style,call bruce at midwest CC((260)-833-2226 he can tell you the two styles they use. I installed a set of front and rear on my 63 classic, HUGE difference! A breeze to align now.
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2005 at 3:59pm
There's none for up and down, I guess mounted to the stringer everything is inline with the strut. Mine has a metal plate with the ends curled up and there's a piece of rubber under the metal about 1/4" thick both which sit on the stringer.
Tim D
tstafford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2005 at 1:16pm
My problem is not side to side adjustment but up and down adjustment. I just don't see any adjustment in that direction.
Trevor 1968 Mustang
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2005 at 12:35pm
The rear mounts you are talking about must be the ones on the transmission. Mine has a place on each side that pinches the solid bar that runs to the mount on the stringer. About 12 years ago I noticed unpainted metal beside one of the "clamps", which was evidence that it had worked loose and moved toward the driver side a little bit. I just loosened both clamps and bump it over (with a hammer and piece of 2x4) to where it was originally and tighten the bolts, and turned the prop by hand to check for consistant rotation resistance. I have not touched it since.
Tim D
tstafford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2005 at 11:40am
Does anyone have any experience with the rear engine mounts found on the 1968 Interceptor engines? There does not seem to be any adjustment on them. (2 stringer lag bolts and one bolt in the center)

Thanks
Trevor 1968 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic