NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SNOB question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNOB question
    Posted: July-07-2008 at 7:26pm
Does anyone know if this is normal: When cleaning out my SNOB after a day on the water, I always make sure to take everything out and dry it. It seems like recently, the carpet in the bow (accessed under the observer seat) is just sopping wet. I always get in there with a shop vac and suck the water out of there, but is this normal? Once in a while I take a little water over the bow, but nothing crazy. When you take the cushions out of the bow, the front half is carpeted, with an access panel that opens to the underside, and the back half is fiberglass with a drain hole. Is it really designed to drain water onto the interior carpet? Is it coming in through the access panel? Doesn't seem right to me.

Rob
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2008 at 5:52pm
Do you have a leak along the rub rail? My uncle's boat had leaking issues in the front of the boat and he had a small gap under the rubrail. Little silicon fixed it. We'll talk this weekend.

1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2008 at 5:59pm
Maybe you are storing the boat with the bow too far down and the water is never completely drying/draining out. Just a thought. What about the drain from console glove compartment/cooler? I use it as a cooler (95snob), so ice is always melting and running through that drain line. Maybe yours is leaking?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic