NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 273274275276277 442>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2014 at 8:41pm
In that case I concur! I'd take the locked up 340!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 11:32am
Dave's not looking for a Southwind anymore. Or a boat at all now for that matter. And when he does, he'll be after a 2001 series Nautique or newer. If anyone knows of a nice boat with a blown motor, he might be interested in that....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 11:42am
What happened to Dave's Southwind?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 12:26pm
This one is about 30 minutes from my cabin up north, where I will be in a couple weeks. I can pull this down to Chicago if anyone wants it or wants me to take a look. Sure looks clean.

http://northernwi.craigslist.org/cbd/4585240494.html
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

What I ment Tim was Dave should buy it put his motor in and be back boating for under 1K

Gary...Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. If only I had a place close by to store it. Maybe a GOOD friend with a barn on his property that would appreciate saving a classic CC. Hmmmmm! If only that person existed
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What happened to Dave's Southwind?

Coupler failed>>prop/shaft hit rudder>>twisted strut out of fiberglass>>leaks now>>costs more to fix than worth.

And no, I didn't ram it into reverse
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 1:39pm
The cost of the repair is what it is but the "worth it" part is highly arguable. Are you selling the boat or going skiing? Seems to me you could get back on the water cheaper by repairing yours than buying another boat, thus making it "worth it"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 1:51pm
Unless you're paying a shop top dollar to repair the boat, it would not "cost more to fix than the boat is worth", nor would the fix cost more than the difference in value of the boat as it sits vs repaired. This is assuming you fix it yourself, which we could walk you through... You're talking $700-800 and a few days of work. The only way to justify not fixing it is the "my time is worth more than the loss I'm taking by selling as-is" thought methodology. And that's ok if that's the case- just don't fool yourself that you're somehow saving money by scrapping it! :)
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 2:54pm
Well, I do hate to let such a "unique" old boat go, and I certainly would be parting with lots of elbow grease, and blood/sweat/tears. I am just telling you guys what the insurance company said. I got a quote from a local shop to repair a hole in the floor, and they gave me a rough estimate of $2K-$2.5K. So, I would not put that kind of money in the boat. The ONLY way I could justify it would be to do it myself. Right now, I am pretty much in the camp of just letting it go. Time, storage, towing to lake hassles, etc. Plus, I want a boat with a swim platform IF I were to get aonther one. And, an open bow would be nice too. Maybe an SW OB, or for pure ski, always wanted an early 2001. That SW does handle the rough water though. I like that.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 3:09pm
The obvious choice here is to part it out, pocket about 5 grand, then haul the hull to the dump and sell the trailer on the way back home.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The obvious choice here is to part it out, pocket about 5 grand, then haul the hull to the dump and sell the trailer on the way back home.

I have concluded about the same.

Anybody looking for a CC #3 DV?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 3:23pm
Only if your from Orlando and proud
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 3:29pm
Whew, to answer my question I guess I'm not out of touch with reality and prices. I began to think I was being cheap.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 3:33pm
Shake it up is all that we know
Using the bodies up as we go
I'm waking up to fantasy
The shades all around
Aren't the colors we used to see
Broken ice still melts in the sun
And times that are broken
Can often be one again
We're soul alone
And soul really matters to me
Take a look around
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 4:08pm
Like i said Dave, the only way you're not money ahead by fixing it is if you pay a pro to do it. Like anything else with these old boats, they would become unaffordable pretty quickly if you're not doing your own repairs. If you don't have the time, that's one thing- but I bet you'd spend less time fixing it than you'll spend parting it out! Been there, done that. A boat with a hole in the bottom is going to have to be sold for pretty cheap (whole), I'm afraid... $1k or less.
chase84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2014 at 1:03pm
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/4650919098.html

Sorry I don't know how to properly post a link.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by chase84 chase84 wrote:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/4650919098.html

Sorry I don't know how to properly post a link.

Fixed Link

Don't know that I would even give 25% of that asking price, looks like a butcher job

chase84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2014 at 2:10pm
Lol...ya I don't like the interior either..I just thought it looked like a pretty cool boat, I know nothing about these old ones :)
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2014 at 2:24pm
Oof, that interior. I think some of my lunch just came up.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2014 at 2:24pm
at least if the shifter cable breaks your passengers can help get it home
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2014 at 2:53pm
Tough crowd, doesn't seem so horrible to me.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2014 at 3:50pm
Nice looking from the outside. But, the DIY "Christamas wrap" upholstery job, steering wheel and Morse control dont cut it .... for me at least.

The West bottom also scares me.

Is Boca Raton a model name they used?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2014 at 10:25pm
Great 69 Wildcat excellent condition, $1600.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/boa/4653702621.html
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2014 at 11:00pm
fixed link to Wildcat

SOMEBODY ought to buy that!.... does that look like a Graymarine? I would question the 1969?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2014 at 11:26pm
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2014 at 11:51pm
I don't see many Wildcats on the site. At 18' 10" and 7'5" beam it is a whopper but I see it's smaller than a Barracuda and much smaller than a San Juan. Is that hull unique to a Wildcat?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 12:55am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

fixed link to Wildcat

SOMEBODY ought to buy that!.... does that look like a Graymarine? I would question the 1969?

Sinclair is maybe an hour and twenty from Morfoot, I'd bet he'd lend his keen mechanical eyes if someone from afar was interested. Crazy price.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 1:10am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I don't see many Wildcats on the site. At 18' 10" and 7'5" beam it is a whopper but I see it's smaller than a Barracuda and much smaller than a San Juan. Is that hull unique to a Wildcat?

That is a great buy! And the hull looks to be the same as my 1969 marauder. Windshield is the same and dash. Steering wheel a bit different. I don't have the gunnel vents either. Cool boat.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by ncdoubleup ncdoubleup wrote:

1979 Ski Tique

I saw the ad and was tempted, but the (poor quality) photos in the ad are of another boat?
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 10:17am
That looks just like the AMC 327 that I picked up for Jack and took to the CT mini.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 273274275276277 442>
  Share Topic