Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 Platform Height

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 Platform Height
    Posted: October-23-2007 at 9:14am
COuld someone with a 2001 measure the distance from the top of the spray pocket to the top of the platform for me? I thought that was the easiest place to hook a tape measure on.

I think mine is mounted a bit high, but there aren't many around here to compare with.

Thanks
Tom
Easily Parted From Money
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 10:03am
Tomski
I'll measure mine after work,let you know about 5:00 pm est.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 11:32am
Perfect Mr Dog - thank you very much.

I'm just trying to get an idea how much time my list of winter jobs is going to take.
Easily Parted From Money
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 11:35am
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 4:11pm
Thanks for that picture - mine's definitely been moved up for some reason.

Damn - now I've got to take the tank out and find somewhere to put the petrol I filled it up with!

The list of jobs gets longer!
Easily Parted From Money
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 4:25pm
Sounds bad to me, I would think the only reason to move it up would be if it was dragging and creating spray, and if it was dragging it was either because they typically used a lot of weight (not bad) or they have soaked foam/stringers... very bad. I would take a quick look for water. Dump the gas in your car, if its on a trailer you could use a siphon hose (jiggler) to drain it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 5:37pm
Probably moved it up so it did not sit in the water while moored.

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 6:08pm
The platform should be out of the water, if the foam is not soaked with water. The BFN platform sits a good inch above the water with no one standing on it.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 10:00pm
Tomski
Just measured my 86 from the top of the platform to the bottom of the s/s cover on the rub rail 13.00 inches (33.02 cm), from the bottom of the platform to the lowest point in the center of the transom 10.75 inches (27.30 cm) When the boat is at the dock the platform is about an inch or two above the water (the ducks think it's just right) Hope this helps.   
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 10:03pm
Oh ya - what the hell is the "spary pocket"
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 7:16am
Cheers guys.

The wet foam thing occured to me as well, but it sits more than an inch above the water.

I don't own a petrol car, well I do, but it only has a 7 gallon tank and it's full anyway and won't be used until next spring.

Waterdog, the bit that is cut out along the chine is, I think, called a spray pocket, the bit you can see in Hollywood's piccy. I may well be wrong, but let's face it "spay pocket" sounds far more technical than "that sort hole thingy along the side"
Easily Parted From Money
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 1:42pm
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Im not sure if "spray pocket" is the correct term for that hull feature. I can tell you for sure that its not a "spray relief pocket." Those debuted on the Ski Nautique in 1990.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 2:13pm
Good point Tim, didnt really think of that. I looked back at the 2001 info and technically, that feature is called a tapered chine, with no real explanation as to why its there. I just assumed it was to reduce spray but I could be wrong.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

...that feature is called a tapered chine, with no real explanation as to why its there...

We all know why it's there...to shoot a high pressure stream of water at barefooters on the boom. We call this feature the fire hose.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 2:39pm
How silly of me to have forgotten that, especially since I still have the broken ear drum and bruises to remind me.

spray of death
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 2:55pm
I don't think the tapered chine helps/hurts boom activity. It doesn't even start until behind the boom.
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 4:52pm
I still say spray pocket, even if it is wrong, sounds better than hole thingy.
Easily Parted From Money
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I don't think the tapered chine helps/hurts boom activity. It doesn't even start until behind the boom.

Larry- I guess we forgot to use these thingies in the above posts
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic