NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

miss at 3500

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: miss at 3500
    Posted: June-03-2007 at 12:12pm
Just picking your brains but the nautique runs great under 3500rpms but it has an ignition problem i know its ignition because the tach jumps when it starts to miss around 3500 rpm's. I can go wot in neutral and it just bounces around 3500 like a rev limiter. It has a new cap, rotor, i dont know about the wires, the electronic triger conversion instead of points, a accell super coil and thats about it. The only other thing it does is at idle the ignition breaker light will flicker a bit and the voltage gague will jump from time to time and when it does that it you can hear the motor stumble just a bit nobody but me would really notice the stumble. Off idle and under 3500 it runs perfectly. Comes out of the hole great and has plenty of power and throttle response. I held the secondaries shut which made no difference so I know it is an ignition proble. I thought I read on here once about a tach being bad making the motor miss so im going to take it off next weekend while trouble shooting. My ignition swhich is also about to bite the dust so Ill throw in one of those this weekend too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic