Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Darlington

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darlington
    Posted: May-13-2007 at 1:08pm
Hey boatDr.
check out the flag flying around at the track
RootRacing
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2007 at 2:15pm
Root, Were you there yesterday? I saw that as well. We were there and headed back last night to Charlotte. I passed on going back this morning as I was beat and too much going on at home. The rain made those parking lots a huge mess and we barely made it w/o getting stuck.

I wasn't really sure of the message of the flag, but hopefully it was only a hint to Nascar mgmt.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 7:19am
i imagine it does have something to do with the toyota thing
"the things you own will start to own you"
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 5:24pm
I would have lost a bucnh of money, I never in my wildest dreams would believed the southerns of nascar would let toyota in. Well you had to see the writing on the wall when they let them in the nascar truck series.. I was pissed then too. I enjoy watching waltrip not qualify every week so far though. He was a big advocate of toyota coming to nascar. It's only right he never gets to race on sunday...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 8:40pm
I use to be a big, big Nascar fan but lost all hope in this. All I can imagine the team owners telling thier drivers, Its allright to stay in the back of the pack just make sure you make it to the end of the race so those fans see the home depot or the bud written all over your car 250 times
I still love to go to the local track and watch these guys race, everyone of those guys are out to win
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 9:37pm
Reid I wasnt there, the pic came straight off the nascar web site.   and I can imagine it was a hot mess tying to get out of there.

You are spot on about sending a message to managment. Darlington the (southern 500) is one of the tracks where it all started and they were trying to remove it from the race schedule to put in another one of those boring mile and a half cookie cutter tracks...
the buisness owners in the area were worried that the track was going to be delited off of the race schedual, but I think not.

yea eric and 87BNF I dont like that toyota stuff either, and I like seeing it failing to qual. LOL

oh and I could just see Boatdr flying that hooked on to his parisaile

RootRacing
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 6:48am
Dont give the doc any ideas
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 11:05am
Eric, I have an idea.What would the people at Green Lake think of this...........
Redneck, old boat,pink parasail,with a Battle Flag flying? The banner would red " I GOTTHA ROOT"...........now that is a good way to impress the Guys Up North......boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic