Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plane Out Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leonsup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plane Out Question
    Posted: May-10-2007 at 2:26pm
I bought a 1991 Sport recently,and even with just a couple people in the boat, it doesn't seem to plane out as soon as it should.....Any ideas?
Thanks,Steve
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 3:11pm
How long does it take to plane out? What are your expectations? Tell more about the engine and the hours on it. What prop are you running? Is your prop in decent shape? I'm sure you'll get some feedback after you run through some facts with us.

Ken
leonsup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 4:35pm
Ken,
    285 HP, 325 hours, Prop is in great shape;I don't know if it's the original...I thought it should level out at about 30-33 MPH
but it's more like 39 or 40. Thanks for your help.
Steve
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 4:51pm
I have not been that vintage of Sport Nautique in years, and then only a couple of times. So, I am completely speculating.

However, that vintage of sport had lifting strakes. I would expect the nose to ride higher than a ski nautique, or the sports of later years.

Again, my speculation.

Do you have any photos of the boat under way?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 5:19pm
What are your rpm's at wide open throttle . This will tell us how the pitch is on your prop or if your engine is running correctly .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Martinique87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinique87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2007 at 7:21pm
For what's its worth I have a 94 Excel and the nose does ride high. Mine has a different hull than yours and its a V-drive but it wont plane out until around 30 MPH and about 3200 RPM. From there to 4600 RPM planes fine. Just would be noice to have the bow lower when wakeboarding. This summer I'm going to play around with some weight under the playpen seating and see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic