NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boat doc, i thought about you

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat doc, i thought about you
    Posted: January-13-2007 at 11:01am

"the things you own will start to own you"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 11:40am
When the "alarm" goes off "beware of owner"
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 6:07pm
Eric, now that was a cheap shot at your old buddy,I LOVE CHEAP SHOTS.........boat dr

My dogs gotta earn their keep,2 American Pointers,1English Setter,All to hunt Woodcock,for a 45 day season.

2 obsessions..BOATS and BIRD DOGS
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 7:12pm
Sunny louisianna afternoon, I told you before it's all envy, I could picture myself right next to them
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 8:00pm
Eric, you gotta love it or you go north,leaves more rural areas for the critters.
who else would endure hurricanes,alligators,100% humididity,110 in the shade,no stop lites ,no stop signs, no cops.No protesters,no traffic jams,1.99 gas, water water everywhere,10 month boating season.
Cheap land,we buy acres, not lots,neighbors that have a key to your house, shop and boat.300 children in our school system,pre K to 12th grade.
Eric book me a flight i'm movin in with you......................boat dr   
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 8:37pm
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
- Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
- Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
- Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves
himself.
- Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
- Andy Rooney

And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.

- M. Acklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
- Sigmund Freud

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
- Rita Rudner

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three
times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
- Franklin P. Jones

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have
known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
- James Thurber

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.
-Unknown

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can.

That's almost $21.00 in dog money.
- Joe Weinstein

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
- Anne Tyler

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
- Robert A. Heinlein

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your
pocket and then give him only two of them.
- Phil Pastoret

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

boat dr
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 9:35pm
Doc, I love that list and I've had it saved for a while now and pull it up whenever I get bummed. The guys below wouldn't take their eyes off me 'til I got on the boat.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 10:00pm
ReidP,Of all the quotes i have read the one from Will Rogers says it best.
If you want to find out what uncodictional love is buy a dog, or better yeysave one a the shelter,they know.............
from the two Labs i have a feeling who runs the house.
Do a Google search on a song:
Scott Kirby;4 Good Dogs
They play it often on Sirius sat, Radio, margaritaville channel,Jimmy buffett.6031 on Dish Net.
Gods gift to Man,feed me ,pet me and i will Love Ya For Life........

Two fine dogs,you shou;ld be proud to have them as your friends............. boat dr
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 10:05pm
dr; Thanks for the list. Got my Jo, the Tennessee wonder dog for free (we wonder what kinda dog she is) and wouldn't take any amount of money for her.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2007 at 8:49am
ridP, is that a Whaler?He whom has a good dog a C/C and a good wife,to put up with our obsessive personality is truly blessed.......... boat dr
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2007 at 11:17pm
dr: Reid is mucho blessed. I have met his wife and dogs and know for a fact that he owns twice or three times as many C/C's as any man on this site or maybe anywhere, outside of being a dealer, which doesn't count.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 6:14pm
A very good post thanks.Lost my old gal at 17 last summer and the lake lost a little luster for me then too.Reminds me I need to get a new pup.My boy Trey is just right for a dog at 10 yrs old.Keep your eyes open for a German Shorthaired Pointer needs to be solid liver colored and female.This old redneck won't feed non hunters either doc

Munday
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 10:00pm
Doc like you noted and jbear confirmed, I indeed feel blesssed, but mostly for my very loving and exceptionally tolerant wife and our very super dogs. The C/Cs are just icing on the cake.

The boat in that pict above is a 17' Shamrock 4 cyl keel-drive inboard. My wife and dogs will only ride in an inboard and naturally prefer a CorrectCraft, but really wanted this center console, so I caved, all for them. Sorry to bore anyone with the dog shots, but these guys are really a trip and definitely bring life to my life.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 10:14pm
The dog shots are never boring, but more shots of the lovely wife would be nice too. Of course your wife and dogs have very good taste when it comes to their boats.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic