NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back to back Buckethead’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to back Buckethead’s
    Posted: August-06-2023 at 11:14am

The official times have been posted and CCF’s Deep Rudders did it again, they navigated the 38 mile course in 59.3 min with the 5 min mandatory gas stop at the turn for an average speed of 41.98 mph “ according to my online calculator”LOL
Back to back champions!!!!  
 Brad, Tim, Zach, Dave, Eric and Hollywood  

And also the Far Flung Footers from the south with a respectable run (for a bunch of old guys) of 1:16.24

Edit: Forgot Eric on the list of skiers, sorry Eric 😔

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 12:51pm
That is really fun to see.  Any pictures to share?   How Hot did your feet get?   Footing at speed seems to heat my feet till I have to let go.  Not sure how you guys can do this, much more footing to toughen up the feet I imagine?
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 12:51pm
Pictures?   Got to share the fun.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 6:53pm
My feet would be torched!  Congratulations on the back the to back. 
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 7:28pm
Very impressive !!

Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 8:17pm
Buckethead has a Facebook page I’m sure pictures will be forthcoming.

And yes it’s crazy brutal, fast and competitive, the guys that compete in this race are 
1) bad ass 
2) missing the part of the brain that puts common sense/rational behavior before self inflicted pain

JMHO LOL

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2023 at 12:07am
I like it Paul, 30 years ago I would have been in line to sign up, not today.  Some things must be left in the rear view mirror but still so fun to see.  If I foot today I only go 37 or 38, it is not fast enough to do any wake crossings or freely slide around.   At 37 you are just plowing with huge spray but the falls don’t hurt as much and it is still bare footing!    Many times I will even wear water socks, those small slip on shoes.   Takes away 100% of foot pain and heat.   Call me a sissy, I have done lots of true bare footing when younger now I just enjoy seeing if I can still do it.   Puts a smile on an old guys face.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2023 at 3:21pm
I bow my head in admiration!  

I would love to see that event filmed from a drone.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2023 at 7:59am
  EDIT: I feel bad I forgot about Eric as part of the Back to Back team.Ouch Confused

Theres some pic showing up on the Buckethead Facebook. 

One of the comments,
 Team “Deep Rudders” - these guys……don’t talk smack, very unassuming but will pass you like your prop fell off in their “stock BFN”. Extremely gracious and fun to be around, great work guys!!!! LOLLOL

Guess Zach's boat is a little fastLOLLOL

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2023 at 9:37am
Awesome job gents. Under hour cool looking 59:…….
Boat is a bad ass too
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2023 at 12:22pm
Congratulations!  That 454 must have burned some serious gas in 59 minutes straight of fast bare footing.   Did you need to gas up mid point?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2023 at 2:32pm
Always refueling…

Don’t worry Paul, Eric barely counts
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 2:36am
If you don't mind the question what speeds were you guys willing to barefoot at?  With all the stops and starts for the relay race I am thinking you were pushing 50 when you could to stay under the one hour mark with all those stops to reload.   Very impressed with you guys.  Nice work.  Had to be a ton of fun.  That would be a TV special I would love to watch!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 8:43am
Mark  I asked the same question last year....from the response I received from TimB-yes your math is as correct.  Blistering speeds for sure!!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 9:03am
Congrats to the Deep Rudders! Very Impressive!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 9:11am
All of us Shallow Rudders kneel before the Deep Rudders in awe…
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 9:28am
The boat driver deserves an award too
Do the rules say you must stop and pickup skier OR can just launch new skier from boat and pick them up later
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 11:32am
From what I understand about the rules about the BH and from a couple of practices I saw Deep Rudders do. They all take Turns footing and divide driving up between 2 or 3 guys. Boat must pick up fallen footer or tired footer and at that point the replacement guy jumps in while the previous guy quickly gets in the boat. Pulley attached to the extended pylon so footer already has handle in his hand when he enters water. Fast idle till line gets tight then hammer down to get new footer up. Timing is everything and it's pretty cool to watch the transition. 

Congrats Fella's! Clap
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 11:39am
Transitions are awesome…one of you guys, deep rudders or far flung footers, share a video “if” you have one. I know you have lots of video.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 11:54am
These guys are pretty tight lipped out speeds, lengths of runs, transition execution as it is all part of strategy, so you probably wont get much response.  Here is a  pretty good video showing transitions.

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 12:31pm
I’ve seen some of the teams livestream the race in the past. Which is cool! IDK if anybody did that this year or not…
It’s very intense for sure!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 12:44pm
Not sure if this was live streamed last year or not, but it is Wolfpack's full race, well full right up to the point where their engine blew up. 

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 5:08pm
I am impressed by the speed and the talent to win that competition.   Even in my prime barefooting days I could not get in and come up barefooting on demand.  Heck I waited for ideal water, no boats, no wakes.   You guys had to just go and take what was available each and every time.   So much harder than picking and choosing when to barefoot.   I kneel before you guys.   That is an act you might take to one of the Water Ski Shows.  Good Luck Next year.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2023 at 10:09am
Thanks Morfoot good explanation
The transition seemed like most important part. Sometimes it takes us 59 minutes to get one person up
If I ever see a barefoot nautique might buy it,
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2023 at 10:13am
Can some name deep ruddder skiers left to right.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2023 at 11:44am
No videos here, but several others did livestream- and shared on the BH FB page I believe.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2023 at 6:48pm
Here's a video from last year as the Rudders just walk away from the Wolfpack. 
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2023 at 6:09am
That vid is from ‘21 (Dave’s boat), but still a good one!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2023 at 11:11am
Damn you’re right 🤪.
 I pulled it up on my phone and couldn’t see the color and didn’t pay attention to the year.

Yeah his boat is kinda fast too for a “stock BFN” 😂😂
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2023 at 2:26am
Pulling a footer at more than 50 MPH with 4 people in the boat takes some serious engine power.   I am guessing you guys are not stock.  If you guys get bored share what kind of power plant and prop, RPM's it took for this great feat.   Finally got an hour to play with and watched the full video 75Tique posted.  I was amazed how long some of those footing runs were at 40-50 MPH.  The feet must have been cooking, and the rough water you guys plowed through.   Very Impressive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic