Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spectrum Gelcoat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spectrum Gelcoat
    Posted: April-27-2023 at 9:57pm
UPDATE Spectrum Color Did tint a Quart of the 1988 Taffy Ivory for my Ski Nautique 2001. It was expensive Joe
99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2023 at 11:59pm
Hi I Just went on "I" boat to order my Spectrum Color Gelcoat 1988 Taffy Ivory for this years repair's. I purchased 2 quarts last year one was so close very little tinting. The second one was so dark I could not even tint it enough to bring it back. I am not here to bash Spectrum that' why I was trying to order more. I purchased two other quarts of gelcoat white and tried to tint them myself. I tried small amounts large amount and I could never even get close to the taffy ivory color. A lot of wasted gelcoat . I have a large amount of tint in my shop but do not have an eye for it. Does anyone have a solution ?  talked to body shops they mix by a formula. Thank You Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic