Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Atwood 85736 Trailer Brake Actuator Rebuild Kit?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atwood 85736 Trailer Brake Actuator Rebuild Kit?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atwood 85736 Trailer Brake Actuator Rebuild Kit?
    Posted: July-14-2021 at 12:05am
Hello,

The drum brake actuator (master cylinder) on my trailer needs to be rebuilt. I would simply replace it but is seems it has been discontinued and to replace it now means replacing the entire hitch assembly which is currently welded onto the trailer. I have pulled it apart and think it could be rebuilt if I could source a rebuild kit for it. Has anyone found a compatible kit from another vehicle master cylinder that works?

Thanks
99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 12:37am
I actually found a master cylinder that would work on ebay . It does not list it as a replacement but its the same. All I had to do is make a new gasket for the master cylinder where it mounds under the hitch. I will have to go through my records Joe
99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 12:51am
I found it Titan model 60  ebay  item number 190770543990  everything is the same except the cover with the fill plug . You could also just use the cover and drill out your hitch where your fill plug screwed in . I contacted the seller and he said it would not work but he is misinformed all 4 bolts line up pressure is the same piston throw is the same its been on my trailer for 2 years now works great Joe
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 12:55am
i posted on here a minth ago with the parts available to rebuild an Atwood coupler. $30 max
This allows rebuilding the Atwood Hydraulic Master Cylinder, assuming all other parts in your Atwood still work.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47620&title=atwood-trailer-coupler-rebuild
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 10:53am
Thank you very much. That is exactly the info I was looking for.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 11:40am
If you Master cylinder is rusted the local Auto parts store sells a hone that is drill driven and can smooth it out again.    Since they are now obsolete I was pretty sure others might need the notes.
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic