Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery Placement ’64 Star F;ite

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bbookman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bbookman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery Placement ’64 Star F;ite
    Posted: August-03-2006 at 9:18pm
We just bought a 1965 Star Flite. Have owned many boats, inboards and I/O's but this brand is new to us, so we are sort of newboes and sort of not.
The battery was on the floor next to the engine, not hidden, and the engine cowling is resting on the cables. It doesn't fit in bilge, nor under seats - where is the battery supposed to be?

Also, the ski tow bar seems to be jury rigged and is not structurally sound. Seems old owner did a lot of his own "work." Any owners' manuals available? Original pictures?
1965 Star-Flite "Speed King"
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 1:26am
Move your post to general discussion...more folks will see it and you should see some responses.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 1:37am
Had to look up the Star-flite in the ref. sect.

OK...looks like the ski pylon goes up through the fiberglass that goes across the the back of the front seat right? My 62 classic is configured that way...mine has a fitting attatched to the hull bottom(in the bilge).Look in the diary sect. 62 classic...there is a pic of the tow pylon.

The battery on my boat is under the pass. seat.
The original seat configuration is a wooden frame work that the cusions set on...there is pleny of clearance for the batt. Were your seats maybe changed out??? The frame work would be real easy the build , if that is the case and you wanted to do it. If so , I could draw it out for you.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic