Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to purchase a 91 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
my91nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my91nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to purchase a 91 Ski Nautique
    Posted: March-14-2006 at 6:41pm
Looking at a 91 Nautique and was wondering how the performance on this particular year was? We're big slalom skiers and barefooters and I was wondering if the top end was decent on this Nautiuqe? Believe the motor in this one is 260 hp. Any feedback on slalom wakes and barefoot top end is appreciated. Comparing to a 93 Mastercraft Prostar 190
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 8:53pm
Great wakes, but from what I've heard the MC PS 190 of the same era had amazing wakes and is a great hull. It's a toss up. The MC is all fiberglass and the SN of that year still has wood. You can't go wrong with either model. For a boat that old I'd leave it up to condition of the boat.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2006 at 9:52pm
my91. I've spent a lot of time in a 90 which is essentially the same boat. I know the 90 was 240 hp, and I suspect the 91 is the same. Not positive. We got about 45mph in that boat, 43 when we switched to a 4 blade prop.

They're both good boats. I personally don't care for the seat or throttle config on the 93 MC. It has a wraparound type windshield, and the driver's arm in trapped inside the boat. I much prefer the configuration in the Nautique. A nit I know, but something that bugged me. BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2006 at 8:17am
The '91 Nautique and '93 PS190 are both good boats. My dad had a '92 SN, and a friend of ours has a '94 PS190 (LT1,1:1). Quick comparison:

Barefooting:
Top end on the Nautique should be at least as good as the MC, even with the 240 horse. Our '92 with the GT40 heads was ~2 MPH faster than the PS190, even with the LT1. The barefoot wake on the MC is better, though- the rutt in the center of the wakes on the 90-96 SN hull is the worst Ive ever experienced. Otherwise, its fine.

Slalom:
Boats are very comparable. The PS190 probably has a slightly smaller wake, but the SN is very good as well. Both have a rooster tail at 22 off, the SN's is probably slightly larger. The spray is much better (nonexistant) on the Nautique. Both boats track well, I'd say the Nautique may have a slight advantage in the course.

I agree with BKH as far as driving position goes- nothing beats the functionality and ergonomics of a Nautique. Both boats are built very well. Price on either would depend largely on condition.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic