Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floors

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floors
    Posted: March-13-2006 at 9:16am
I have removed the foam from my 69 Correct Craft Mustang. You guys were right--long, hard job. I now need to know what type of flooring I should install, and what thickness should it be. Should I try rejuving the original fiberglass flooring shell to keep the boat as original as possible? Does anyone know how many sheets of flooring material I would need to purchase? Many thanks, Bigwavedave
bigwavedave
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 11:24am
I used 3/4 treated plywood, put 7 coats of polyurethene on it and used silicone on all the seams. If you glass over wood, all it takes is one crack to trap water and cause it to rot again. I also shimmed the floor (slightly)toward the motor box so water will not get trapped against the walls. Talking about being a hard job, someone before me installed the floor with slotted brass screws, my dewalt would snap the heads off, so I had to unscrew each one 2 or 3 turns by hand before before using the cordless. I used 2 sheets of 4x8.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic