NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Quote

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2012 at 12:36am
Give it a rest! Out of all the above posts about a guy who won a popular vote to become president you can only come up with his agenda is not accepted because he is (1/2) black? Aside from a small percent of nut jobs the rest of use could care less. Its the policy stupid! You are not even twisting words, because there is nothing above related to race. Yours is a explanation looking for a reason to exist, and not finding one.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail..

Buffalo, sorry I was not referring to your original post, but the open letter to Obama.

I highlighted a couple good ones from the letter and I might have changed some to be more true inside the quotes but I see that gives some here "pissy pants".

The first I am scared line is something about knowing nothing of you, then the rest of the letter goes on and on about how much he knows of Obama. WTF? There is probably more about Obama "out there" than any other president, and he has not completed his first term yet.

So when does one become "culturally" American? Was he culturally American enough to be a senator? I think he is just enough culturally BLACK enough to scare small minded folks.

Probably should have let the letter post go away like it apparently did when it was sent to NYT.    
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 4:59pm
Papa thanks for the correction!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 4:41pm

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.
Commonly quoted on many websites, this quotation is actually from Gerald Ford's August 12th, 1974 address to Congress."
Source:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson

cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 3:04pm
Quote Try fact checking the above post?
The above post was a QUOTE.
Quote never mind the president.
I try to every day...I REALLY REALLY do.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 10:26am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

You damnn fools cannot reason your way out of a paper bag.

That's not so constructive...you damn fool.

There's one way I see a re-election, and that has to do with a sad figure. The sad figure is 50%; set your other wheel on the ground, look around, and figure that one for yourself.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 5:14am
Lets put the entire U.S. into a one sentence parable and fool those who are smart enough to read into that one sentence.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 5:12am
OMFG!!!!!!

You righties never letup. Try fact checking the above post? Sad that your party cannot resume control?

That crap is funny to those that love the U.S., never mind the president.

You damnn fools cannot reason your way out of a paper bag.
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 7:47pm
“Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 1:15pm
I got this in an email I think this sums up the currant administration.

Chilling Letter from Proctor & Gamble to Obama
Who would have thought, and yet many are thinking it.

By Lou Pritchett, Procter & Gamble

A LETTER FROM A PROCTER AND GAMBLE EXECUTIVE TO THE PRESIDENT* THE LAST SENTENCE IS THE MOST CHILLING
Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America's true living legends- an
Acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the world's highest
Rated speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the foremost leader in change management..

Lou changed the way America does business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as "partnering."

Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales and Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 years; made corporate history.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail..

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything You do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaugh's, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, Conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett
This letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it.
Big surprise. Since it hit the Internet, however, it has had over 500,000 hits.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 12:45pm
I love Mark Steyn! He is great when he subs for Rush. He brings up a good point. If Justice Kennedy wakes up with his panties in a bunch, we're screwed, or if the Court gets stacked with liberals (or conservatives), then a whole bunch of people may not be happy one way or the other. Thats why I think that if the court does not overturn Obamacare, a new President and Congress will so that will of the people will realized.

Its like the courts in Wisconsin are now very activist in overruling the law that voters need id's to vote. A liberal activist judge (one man or woman) said the law is not valid, and that voters don't need id's to vote. For god sakes, we need id's to do everything in this country, but, not to vote!?!?!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 11:16am
“If the policy of the government upon vital questions affecting the whole people is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court,” wrote Abraham Lincoln, “the people will have ceased to be their own rulers.”

From this article by Mark Steyn.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic