Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crossing Lake Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 9:09pm
Thanks for all the advice everybody. The comments and stories were great! I will start looking for someone with a bigger boat. I really wanted it to be lake Michigan because it sounds really tough and I think it could possibly raise a bunch of money because of it's geographical location. Keep in mind, the hydrofoil (Sky Ski) has practically zero resistance going through the water. Especially if the wind is at our backs. I have a feeling it would be easier than most people think. I will keep you all informed of my progress as this comes together. It's something that I've been thinking about for about for a couple years. Thanks again.
mrwillya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrwillya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I would look to the other Wisconsin "Coast", pick any pool on the Mississippi, go from one dam to the next and back. Definitely challenging water (on a weekend), and a heck of a lot safer.

Mdvalant, what is the trip from Dubuque to Bellevue, that has to be at least 25 miles maybe even 30 miles.

It's 22 Miles. A buddy of mine skied that run a few years back.

Here is a neat tool that lets you set check points which will allow you to accurately get the miles on bodies of water (or anything for that matter).

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic