NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 17181920>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2011 at 3:21am
I see now Obama care has mandated birth control and breast pumps be covered by all insurance policies, with no co-pay. It is amazing how these new regulations are driving down the cost of insurance. If you have High BP you have to pay a co-pay for meds that are needed to insure your health, why are recreation oriented meds free? Sorry Eric but this is not the way to reduce healthcare costs. They say doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity, But we turn again and again to the government to solve our problems, with no criteria for success. We have been fighting the war on poverty since the 40s with no change in the percent of people in poverty. We have trusted the governmnet to fight teen pregnancy and venerial diseases since the 60's and numbers grow. Medicare and social security are scheduled to go broke. Medical costs rise because we mandate insurance companies to pay for recreational, cosmetic, and experimental treatments. Government is not the answer, unless the guestion is "How can we quarentee that we spend a lot of money while things get worse?"
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Is medicare medicaid not a federally funded program? i love the new birth control legislation...ones in charge a starting to see population increase...october we will surpass 7 billion on this rock

first off you set guidelines and make a catarac surgury a flat price, not whatever you feel, standardize these pracitces, for god sakes in other contries doctors are not put on a pedestal and considered next to god. a captain of a boat has more pull
i dont even know what the cost of these programs are, but at 9600.00 per surgery, i would imagine its in the trillions.....you guys yack about less spending but.............................you need the regulation,

Eric, you have still not answered my question. We got more regulation than anyone ONE person can really comprehend with obama care, it was supposed to reduce costs but it was just realeased by the government that it will increase the costs at a greater rate than if it would have been left to the private sector. HOW DOES THIS NEW REGULATION HELP????
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 5:42pm
They all suck, I hate politics/politicians. Everything they do is so impractical (both sides). They are out of touch with reality. All they care about is votes and making the other guy look bad. We should have 2 term limits on all congressional seats. I hate the fact that the guy with most money always wins. No wonder we cant get anything real accomplished.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 3:22pm
Bush spent in his last year 2.1 trillion, and this year alone Obama has spent over 6.0 trillion dollars and sking for more.

We want straight cuts across the board, way it should be, economy strives on that. Rich make more money, hhhhhhmmmmmmmm and they hire people.

Damb Obama rama almost got away with they wanted to cut Medicare, Medicade, Social security and Veterans pay for a month or 2 because we cant pay our bills. And now they want to borrow more... Geeezzzz

P.S You save money, you save money, you save money, U dont freeking borrow more to pay bills. Freeking igornant...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 1:59pm
Math Trick   

First - Get the complete text of President Obama's budget/debt-extention plan. Then the text of Harry Reid's plan as well.

Then - Assign every letter a number A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. and add all the numbers in each plan.   

Finally - Add Obama's total and Reid's total.   

Then ask someone to think of a number between one and ten. They will always pick a number greater than the final Obama/Reid total.

Nobody is sure why this works. The magic of math I guess.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 12:44pm
what? are the doctors leaving their field to pursue a job at the 7-11. there are doctors all over this contry working for the VA hospitals below the 6 digit income
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 12:41pm
foriegn Doctors are more than happy to come over here and make low 6 digit incomes
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 12:38pm
Is medicare medicaid not a federally funded program? i love the new birth control legislation...ones in charge a starting to see population increase...october we will surpass 7 billion on this rock

first off you set guidelines and make a catarac surgury a flat price, not whatever you feel, standardize these pracitces, for god sakes in other contries doctors are not put on a pedestal and considered next to god. a captain of a boat has more pull
i dont even know what the cost of these programs are, but at 9600.00 per surgery, i would imagine its in the trillions.....you guys yack about less spending but.............................you need the regulation,
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 10:48am

so if we drop a pubby in there in 012, you guys gonna shift blame or just say Obma did it? I'll remember these days, so watch what you write....by then im sure I'll figure out how to quote

Apparently we can blame obama for at least three years because he is still blaming Bush. I said it became Obama, Polosi, and Rieds economy the day Obama was elected,and I saw sweeping changes in spending patterns and doubling the rate of deficit spending. It partially became the new houses economy when they were sworn in two years later. I was dissapointed when Boener caved on last years spending bill, but now the arguments are starting to resonate and this last agreement has some promise. It does not go nearly far enough but we are heading in a better direction.

Eric, you never answered my guestion, how does Obama care increasing the overall cost of health care as a percentage of GDP faster than it was increasing with out it help the situation? We were sold it as a cost reducing measure. The same report predicts public uproar when we start to see hopitals and clinics closing as Drs leave the field due to reduced reimbursments. At the same time we will add 30 million new insured to be treated by these fewer physicians leaving long wait times for MRIs, surgerys... and rationing of care to keep the cost increases minimalised. How is this better?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 10:25am
mike, that same procedure 10 years ago was 2 grand, if that
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 10:21am
so if we drop a pubby in there in 012, you guys gonna shift blame or just say Obma did it? I'll remember these days, so watch what you write....by then im sure I'll figure out how to quote
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 10:40pm
Obama has spent money like a drunken sailor for the past 2 1/2 years. Then, in the month when we have the debt debate fight, he comes out for the cameras and says things like....."We must balance our budget" or "We must reduce spending". What a joke!! He flaps his jaws A LOT, but, does the absolute opposite.

Like Charles Krautheimer says...."Don't listen to what Obama says, watch what he does".

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

[QUOTE=ononewheel]

On the same issue the Bush tax cuts are set to expire and the Republicans are so busy doing nothing with the debt, have they forgotten about them? That alone will provide 4 trillion.

By the way the republicans have been very busy having their plans to cut the debt rejected by the President and senate. Perhaps you heard some things about a balanced budget amendment, cut cap and balance. Not exactly nothing. The Pres has done nothing but scare seniors and say no to anything that might help the situation.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

On the same issue the Bush tax cuts are set to expire and the Republicans are so busy doing nothing with the debt, have they forgotten about them? That alone will provide 4 trillion.

If this theory were true dairy queen could become instantly rich by charging ten bucks a cone, "lets see , we sell a million cones a year, we bump up our prices by 8 bucks a cone , and we are quareenteed to make an extra 8 million!" or will people go elsewhere for icecream or just give it up. The left convieniently forgets that the bush tax cuts for the "rich" resulted in a net increase of about 400 billion (This is from memory) in federal tax recievables. There is no direct corralation to increasing taxes and increasing revenue. Businesses and individuals change their behaviors based on tax rates. You dont get the kind of money the "rich" have by blindly making decisions. People look at the return on their investment and they think years ahead. If they are considering building a factory they look at what their money can earn from other sources,such as stocks,gold, bonds..., If they cannot exceed the rate of return from these sources they will not bother. If you increase the tax rates of profits from the evil business by a few percent and that drops the rate of return below other investments the factory does not get built, the govenment does not collect its cut and a few hundred jobs never get created. The same goes for how hard a company work to decrease its tax burden. If they feel they are unfairly burdrened by taxes it is easy to justify unfair tactics to lower them, or just plain moving the revenue centers to another country with lower tax and regulation burdens. Tax revenue has historically incresed everytime rates were lowered, it worked for Bush, for Reagen, and even Kennedy. If you want to punish the rich at the cost of lower government revenues you can raise taxes. if you want to increase government revenues you need to lower taxes, grow the economy and make it up on volume. It works every time.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 7:33pm
Cut everyones budget 5% to free up some money to cover bills (eliminating the need to raise the debtceiling) Then go over the books dept by dept ady by day and cut out all the bullsh** funding, overpayments, Get the IRS to re write the tax codes, eliminating those loop holes. No need to kill SS or Medi care just fix the programs.

Give each congress person 3-4 depts to fix. You are not elegible to run for reelection until your debt of yor dept is fixed. No speeches, no blame, just pencils with big erasers.
Tom351 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 6:40pm

Bush and Obama went out for a steak and lobster dinner and Bush skated on the bill

Actually they charged the bill on a nearly maxed out credit card- and Obama has an obscenly HUGE house (3x the size of Bush's obscenly huge house) so he cannot make both the mortgage payment and the credit card payment with his income- And rather than downsizing to a more affordable house he is saying "If we dont increase my credit line I will not be able to pay my mortgage....or if I pay the mortgage then I will miss my credit card payment and either will show up on my credit score so I need to borrow more to preserve my credit score.....Oh, and I want to make some additions to my house so I need to borrow for that as well"
Time to downsize to a smaller house.......

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 4:47pm
Eric, the govt accounting office just came out stating Obama care will increase the cost of health care, not reduce it. How does increasing the cost help?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 4:40pm
that 40% seems to be a number that comes up often.
we must realize Mike that there are major scale monopolies happening in the HC system, you get pissed when you hear the government spends 400 bucks on a claw hammer, i just came in from outside sitting with my neighbor, he is 67ish and just had a catarac removed from his eye, a 20 minute outpatient surgery and he showed me the bill, when all done and said he is responsible for 20% of the bill....now for the total cost 9600.00 bucks, he has to come up with 1920.00 bucks and you and me foot the rest of the bill.....so no, we dont need to reform HC, just keep paying...me and you
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 4:22pm
I have seen a 40 percent reduction in income from my full time job in the last two years. This is how I have handled it. I have not asked for a raise from my employer (taxed the rich). I have worked in my own side buisiness on the weekends (Grew my economy), I do not have cable tv, go out to movies, rarely dine out. (cut my budget). I supplement my income when absolutley necessary with savings from times of budget surplus when I acted responsible and did not raise my budget just because I could. I will not use my credit cards or home equity line of credit because any money paid in interest comes out of my spending budget(reduced my credit limit), and I have been forced to somewhat reduce "entitlement spending" (charity) to make ends meet for the time being. I do not expect anything from my government that I would not do myself.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 4:12pm
How about no eligability for for re-election if the budget is not balanced.
1987 Ski Nautique

Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 4:02pm

if you were put into power, what would you do?

My simple mind says:

Term limits (across the board)

Flat tax ~

I would almost welcome the true crash of a 20's style depression. No more of the financial shell game / politics / soft landing crap. Hit the reset button and let the true rebuilding begin.      

but I am about 25 yrs form retirement. If I were there now I might see things differntly.
Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 3:45pm

you righties should ring Clinton and get some advice

Clinton my arse!!! I would vote for Al Capone for President before I would vote for Obama and his failed Socialist Policies. Clinton would be a god send.

Its all about the ENTITLEMENTS guys. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid have got to be brought under control and made sustainable for us and future generations. You simply can't keep spending more than you take in. What will the "debt ceiling" be in 20 years?.....One hundred kazillion kabillion trillion dollars? If we can't afford that, just raise it again.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 3:44pm
So why can't the Gov't do the same, that's what we need. If they were to just hold spending where it is we'd eventually get it taken care of, if they cut it it would happen even faster.

I've been listening to AM radio lately on my iPhone, you get a bunch of PSA's where there are normally commercials on the radio. Some of the programs they're talking about would make your head explode. If I can't make my house payment and the bank wants to forclose, I can get a $50000 loan to help. If I use it to make my payments for the next 2 years then it gets forgiven. It's crap like that's helping to keep things messed up. If I start skipping payments on my mortgage to qualify then I'll get enough money handed to me would pay more than half the balance. Listing to that kinda stuff is so frustrating it makes menwant to throw the phone out the window, but I haven't heard of the program that will replace it yet.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 3:39pm

if you were put into power, what would you do?

Repeal Obama care, cut spending to 2007 levls by a equal percentage cut to all government spending across the board. then freeze at that level till the deficit is reduced to a few trillion. Institute flat tax for tax fairness.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 3:20pm
So much to say to so many. To those trying to blame bush ( and saying I dont) bush had an average deficit of 625 billion a year for eight years. this is bad, but it happend under a boom period when it appeared the country had some money to spare. Many of us disagreed vocally about the prescription drug plan and deficit spending but he was a big tent guy and willing to compromise with the dems and spend big . we shaould have collectively put our foot down then but everybody was busy growing there own debt, watching therir home values and retiremnet increase so it did not seem like a big deal. Obama has Ruled over a recession, starting with a housing crisis created by the policies of fredie and fannie that he fully supported as a senator. During this recession when the americans are keenly aware of their finaces he has grown the deficit at a rate of 1.3 trillion a year, more than double the rate that bush gets criticised for. Obama spoke and voted against bush increasing the debt limit and campained on cutting the deficit in half in two years if elected. It is time to do the right thing and cut off the supply to our spending addicts in Washinton. unfortunatly addicts will do anything including begging , borrowing ,stealing and lieing to maintain their habits. Not good group to have in charge.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:50pm
I was proud to talk to this guy a couple of weeks ago, he mentioned in the past that the company he worked for was on the borderline of shutting its doors, well management came to them and said the only way we can sustaine is by salary reductions across the board...obviously the ants wanted to start a revolution and throw the I deserve every dime i make card out there....The company wouldve closed, if the ants didnt agree to the reduction, doors are still open.
Moral of the story, they wer'nt bull ***************ting and sacrifices need to be made and it starts there....not in big government, this mindset starts at me and you.
When 08 hit, i got hit hard, and the only way i could sustaine and keep the doughnuts flowing was by skipping paychecks, i still put in my usual 60 but no pay. did i like it? no not really, but it was something i had to do
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:41pm
maybe if we said, im not a democrat, im not a republican...Im a fcn American.
war aint cheap
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:34pm

trying to put a band-aid on a levy leak, the structure is slowly disinegrating around the hole

What part of Quadripled the debit allready, and asking for more do you not get???
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:32pm
Eric

Economics 101

Cause I know liberal ways bro.. They are for big goverment, and support unconstitutional ways. I am opposite, complete opposite!

Hate the goverment and beleive in the constitution of the United States of America. I liked Clinton, he did some good, but he is the reason housing market is in the tank. It will take 10 yrs for it to come back, of a fiscal polocicy to make it bomb again.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:27pm
ski, you always act like this *************** just started happening when Obama took his oath
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 17181920>
  Share Topic