Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2000 side panel removal procedure

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
papajohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papajohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2000 side panel removal procedure
    Posted: September-01-2010 at 8:13pm
I have to change the depth finder and radio in a 2000 Ski Nautique. Can someone help me with the interior side panel removal procedure? I'm talking about the panel with the throttle handle. Thanks a million.
John Papa
dsums View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 10:54pm
I'm pretty sure yours will be very similar to mine. Quite the process.

remove battery cable
Remove steering wheel
remove dash pod
remove driver seat(may be optional)but it made it easier
undo philips screw on throttle lever
loosen allen key on underside of throttle. It will become visible once philips screw is removed
if your stereo head unit is where mine is it is helpful to remove
there wil be 5 or 6 3/8" or 7/16" nuts to remove from the backside of the panel
if you have a drink holder where mine is you can pull it out and possibly use that opening to get at the some of the nuts that need to come off
you can reach them from the front side or from the rear. If you have box end gear wrench (ratchet style box wrench) they make it a little easier
papajohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papajohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 9:40am
Thanks for your help. I figured this all out last week. The only thing differend is that there are two very small phillips screws on the right side of the panel under the combing pad. They are located on an ear that stick out and tucks under the combing bad. Also there is a small phillips screw at the very front of the panel tucked under the dash pod. I had 3 studs with nuts pointing down and one of them secured the radio brace bracket that attaches to the back of the radio. I also had a very large phillips screw straight down in the the base of the little compartment on the floor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic