NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Don’t forget the duct tape

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don’t forget the duct tape
    Posted: June-16-2005 at 1:45pm
Just a note: Last week-end I was on the river and the boat would not start. Very unusual and embarresing. People were standing around watching me turn the key as I fiddled with the throttle thinking the neutral safety switch was not engaging. I had to be winched out. After I got the boat on the trailer and away from the slip I decided to climb under the dash to see if a wire had come loose (before I made a long trip home). I saw a fuse laying on the floor and when I looked under the dash I discovered an in-line fuse holder had broken. I grabbed the duct tape, threw the fuse in the holder and wrapped in tape. The boat fired right up and we enjoyed a nice afternoon on the river. Moral: Never leave home without duct tape.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
backcrkr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backcrkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2005 at 7:19pm
AMEN BROTHER! Duct Tape saves lives
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2005 at 5:40pm
I think we need an entire string for uses of Duct tape!

3 weeks ago I had a cracked strainer lid that was causing me to overheat due to the lack of vacuum. The local marina did not have a replacement lid. Duct tape to the rescue! I taped up the lid, fired the boat up, cooling problem solved!

I did replace the strainer lid but I did not lose a day on the lake!

All hail to the duct tape gods!!!!!!
Brian
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2005 at 6:45pm
used to live in Avon, Ohio, home of Manco Inc, maker of Duct tape. We even used to have a Duct tape festival every June. Floats ( made of what else? Duct tape), rides,eats, the whole nine yards. Unbelieavable what some of the people would come dressed in. I can only imagine how hard it was to get undressed in the evening. Lots of fun.
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2005 at 7:32pm
There is one other duct tape story that I forgot to post.

I had an old snowmobile that we were riding one day and discovered a hole had rusted through the muffler pipe causing it to lose back pressure and run poorly.

We created a sheet metal patch out of a Pabst Blue Ribbon can (we had lots of inventory of empty's!) and fastened it with duct tape. It worked for a while!

I have since junked the snowmobile, decided my insides could no longer tolerate Pabst beer, and purchased a Ski Nautique. The duct tape is still part of the program though!
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic