NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Different engine combos and power

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 12:43am
its a 351w
in the year range you are looking 90-93 you can get a boat with the proboss engine rated 285hp...generally speaking its a carbed gt40....
though i'm not sure which year it started as an option
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
skyway2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyway2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 12:20am
So does the GT-40 have a different block than the 351W? I thought it was just different top end?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 12:06am
I vote GT-40. I think it was one of if not the best block built. I miss mine.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
skyway2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyway2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 10:57pm
I have two brothers that ski, one used to like to barefoot, the other slalom skiing. I would like to learn to ski, all types, as we got rid of our Ski Tique back when I was very young. The other uses would be *gasp*... tubing with friends who don't know how to ski.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 10:52pm
Skyway2k

The power will or will not be missed based on your use of the boat. What is your primary use for the boat going to be?
Bigcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 9:59pm
I bought my 1994 CB ski with carbed base 351/ 240hp 3 seasons ago and had the same concerns as I was used to GT40 power.

Since then I have been slowing accumulating the High performance upgrade parts including GT40P heads, custom grind cam and Edelbrock intake for a future rebuild.

The best upgrade tip I picked up from the guru's on this site was prop and I installed a Acme 540 last season. The boat is a rcoket out off the hole and can not be touched 0-40.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

1993 onward no wood!!!
BIGCITY
My Baby !!
skyway2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyway2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 9:12pm
Guys,

I'm getting very close on finishing my search for my own Nautique and one thing I've always had in the back of my mind is the different engines out there for the various years. Ever since I was about 10 years old, I've been in love with the 90-93 era Ski Nautiques and that is how I started out my search. However, I branched out and was very close to buying a 96 Signature Edition before someone swiped it out from underneath me.

I don't know what it is, but it has to be the lines of the 90-93 with the solid color down the side, the more sharp outlines of the windshield than the 94-96, especially the one piece front class with no frame bar in the center. Gorgeous.

BUT - I've noticed huge advancements in power as the years go up. I believe the 90-93's I've seen mostly have the 240 HP engine, and they go on up to like 310 with the GT-40 with the later years up to 96. My question is, how much do you really notice this difference when you're out boating? It's not like you're towing balls out WOT the whole day, so is it really that big of a deal? And besides, the more I think about it, the more I'm attracted to the simple mechanical fuel pump and carburetor. EFI and more electric components are just more expensive crap to go bad in my book.

Any thoughts?? I'm closing in on one 91, and one 92 as a backup.

Thanks everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic