NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

floormats my but

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 3:28pm
thanks for the support eric...how many people does honda employ in ohio??
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 3:34pm
Ford is not majority owned by a foreign company (Mazda). Ford actually owned a minority share in Mazda until last year when they sold it off.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by 86BFN 86BFN wrote:

Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

My Dog's name is Obie and he has taken offense to that !

I think he meant to say Barry!

Sorry pooch I meant obammmy
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 6:26pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 6:56pm
When I test drove trucks recently (open-minded) to purchase new, it became real obvious that the Tundra was the clearly the 1/2 ton truck leader. I am real big Chevy fan and it was a no-brainer on which truck to choose. My company provides me a new Ford every year and I'm far from impressed so I ruled out the F-150. I understand the loyalty that others have and have a complete appreciation for that. The worse thing about this recall (And every manufacturer has had them) is the stopping of production of numerous Toyota models. Consider the number of American auto workers (a lot more than you think) in the south that is now laid of (w/o salary...UAW) and are trying to care for their families. Am I pissed about this whole recall thing..?Yes. I am I eating my words now when I talking up my Toyota truck to all my buddies…? Yes. I’m just looking at the big picture. It is a no win situation for a lot of people in the south who are employed by Toyota or Honda, Mercedes ect.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 10:37am
your not old enough to remember real good times, the 70s when one person worked and the mother stayed home and took care of thier children instilling values, the father went off to make valves or stamped doors on a 50 hour week socking money away in auto stocks, and devoted the weekends to his family, 2 cars in the drive, they lived in a modest 2500 sq ft home proudly purchased on one income. we went to school with no fears of getting shot or to pass the time we went outside and played with things that kept us thin.
General motors was so large at one time the US government wanted to step in for fears of a take over. then the 80's hit 1 out of 100 cars on the road were nip cars because the US carmakers started to push some junk thus starting to loose the market share and the persona begun with Jap cars are better than american cars and that stuck. it flowed over to your generation along with values not learned because now ma and pa are both are at work trying to srape a living, the big three are geared to supply millions of cars, paying bennies to retirees, paying good wages but they are not selling cars, the only solution is to diversify, have parts made in Mexico, Canada, even Tiawan, just to compete, sell off divisions that are below normal profit margins to sustaine.
a car is an average of a 25k investment stretched over a period of 3 to 6 yearswith interest.
now i would say from start to finish to ASSEMBLE a nip car in one of your so called american built foriegn pos factories down south that they set up in some cornfield, maybe 100 man hours at 15 bucks an hour, that equates to about 1500.00 to build a nipper in the US, and yes the profits dont stay here they are re-invested into Japans economy or China's economy and now South Korea's economy.
I really dont give a *************** what car you drive because the damage is done and thats what drops us into recessions or much worse depressions, Our government didnt do this to us, it was the every day choice we make that did that to us. In closing its not about what you go out and buy its what caused the mess were in as i said i bought a new nipper in 1986 and it rotted to the ground because I too believed thier cars were superior. it is 2010 and the American car companies figured out how to build a quality product and the nips are pushing some real POS's on the americans and snickering and counting
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 10:46am
BTW, as you drive down the road count the ratio of foriegn cars to american cars, the ratio is about 60/40
you tell me what this country can produce and sell to make it viable in the world economy, I'll never sell out again and that comes from a family of UAW's, i dont care if they were paying someone to push a broom for 38.00's an hour, that means he could afford a boat that would break and i could fix it. lol
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 11:00am
Gotta love the Ericonomics!! What's next, they're going to tell us Kirin Beer is Better then Budweiser or Coors Light.

The whole my Foreign Car was built here BS has always driven me crazy.

Buy American as it may be your own job or business that it saves one day!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by PAPA PAPA wrote:

Ford is not majority owned by a foreign company (Mazda). Ford actually owned a minority share in Mazda until last year when they sold it off.

I had a beautiful '94 F150 for 11 years. Its transmision was made in Japan by Mazda. And the Mazda PUs were Rangers.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 1:42pm
seriously though, how many people does honda employ in ohio?? how many of them own boats that break down??
there is a very good reason the camry, accord, civic, and corolla outsell any american car by a large margin and there is a very good reason most of the foreign owned auto plants are down south.
as much as many people wish we did, we don't live in the 1950's anymore.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 2:12pm
I have always been a Chevy Fan and own two ( 87, 2004) right now. My company provides me with a 08 Ford Taurus and I have really been impressed with this car for the 70 K Miles that I have driven it.

People who say America can not build qualilty really need to drive some of these cars before they just buy a foreign model. However, I now struggle that my GM is now run by Obama.   JMO.

My Boat is powered by FORD.

Donald
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I really dont give a *************** what car you drive because the damage is done and thats what drops us into recessions or much worse depressions, Our government didnt do this to us, it was the every day choice we make that did that to us.

Agree, and yes I would really really like GM and others to succeed. However, GM allowed it to happen for reasons a lot of people find hard to swallow and they themselves should own up to that. But, with that being said the exact same thing is happening to several U.S. industries and it receives far less press because of our administration's choke hold on the press or their particular policy at that time. Take gasoline / oil / or natural gas for instance. Take a minute to think were it is coming from when you’re filling that tank up and drinking your slurpee. There is a 10 out of 12 chance your buying it from a root country who at this very minute would rather see you and your family dead than anything else. That is a "desicion you make" every day rather than every three to six years. Why not make a point to buy American "product" rather than Chavez' or Mohammed’s. Why not support that industry or any others that can be made or produced here in the U.S.? In, closing if that particular person "makes $35+ dollars an hour pushing a broom", all I can say is that is really f**cked up when someone driving an ambulance or a teacher makes a third of that. You want a change? We all want the "real good times" back. It's too late for us. You have to start with the youth and instill a work ethic in them that you had when you were young. Revamp the education system so that we can compete not only in the auto industry, but more importantly the world market. So that a teacher can leave her broom pushing job and get back into the classroom and make and impact.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 3:38pm
Sorry for the rant. Yes, I am a Chevy fan and am doing my part by buying a new one this spring. I'll allow the original topic to return by asking has anyone heard what Toyota is planning to do to fix the root cause of the recall?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 4:10pm
   Oh no. Not the domestic vs foreign debate again. How 'bout we change the subject to something less contraversial. Like oil w/ ZDDP additives

I do not agree w/ Toyota covering this up initially, but the simple fact is most of the parts on cars are produced by vendors. When there is a recall, it's usually the vendors fault, not the manufacturers. I read somewhere recently that Ford is investigating gas pedals made by the same company as a precaution. Bottom line..... these things can happen to any automaker be it Toyota,Ford,Hyundai,GM assembled in the USA or assembled oversees.
   It is a global economy now and I doubt that it will change anytime soon. I don't care where a company is based out of, if they make good products and stand behind them,and take care of me "the customer" the way I think they should then they will get my business.

My sister had a 6 month old BMW last year that was giving her issues. It was in the shop for a repeat repair and the manager of the dealership called her and said.....and I quote:
   "Why don't you just come pick out a new car.We will not be able to take care of this situation in a reasonable amount of time and want you to be happy."

They gave her a brand new car, same model, a year newer ,zero miles, & upgraded her to an auto trans for no extra charge.They did not have it in stock, had to get it from another dealer, and gave her a brand new car to drive for the 2 weeks it took to get it. How many domestic car companies do you think would have done that?

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 4:25pm

Funny, just got a call from a Toyota rep. I was told that the issue in most cases appears to be a "sticky" then later stuck accelerator. Most are aware of the problems before the later. I was told the replacement part was still in production and that they would later mail out the official recall letter to bring it in.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 8:11pm
i think we should argue
red head or blond ,
dark skin or freckles
pleasently plump or twiggy
stay at home or power woman
older than you or younger
athlete or painted and puffed
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 8:23pm
Silent or Screamer...
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 8:52pm
blind or deaf
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 8:56pm
1 leg or both
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 10:03pm
make America, American again, in my eyes you tundra boys should be pulling a toyata epic, if you were as loyal as you are to Correct Craft...and im sure one of your first reasons you own a CC is because it is made right here in the good ole USA. you have no ideas of the quality issues of these cars. have an open mind when you go look for a new car, just dont head down to the Toyota or Honda dealer go drive a chrysler, ford or chevy and im sure you will be surprised.
it just seems the 20 to 35 generation is fixated on these foriegn cars, put your neighbor back to work not our foriegn friends
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 10:14pm
SN, give me 5 things or products that could make this country a global leader and prosper, take this figure, 150 million and times that roughly by 25 thousand and tell me what you come up with, right now about 50% of that figure is being wire transfered to another country....imagine the taxes not generated on that lost income. oh yeah put a bungee on your gas pedal just in case lol
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 10:18pm
eric how did you pass up that lead in for you
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 10:26pm
   I hear you Eric. I'm as patriotic as the next guy,but I'm also a realist.
   Three vehicles in our driveway right now:

Dodge Ram
    Jeep Commander
    Toyota Prius(please don't ask)

I'm fairly certain all of the big three manufacture vehicles outside of the US that are sold here. My wife is a car whore and over the 17 years we've been together she has literally owned 2 dozen new vehicles. Some foreign,most domestic, some nice ones, some real sh!tboxes.

BTW,Don't you ride a Yamaha ?

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 11:02pm
I drive a volkswagon golf, lol really, some crack head needed some money and i couldnt refuse, plus it gets 30 to the gallon and my round trip is 64 miles, would i buy one new, No
when i buy the family vehicle the last ten new have been RED WHITE and BLUE. i really am careful as to what i buy nowadays and try to label shop but its getting pretty impossible
I see and work on these cars along side with other guys and there is a difference in qaulity nowadays and they to see it, i finally let my LHS work car go at 200000 without a lick of problems and i overheated it so bad once that the oil was boiling in the pan and i had to leave it sit for 3 hours...hopped in it fired it up and off i went. I go on these tangents because everyone im in contact with is in some kind of finacial problems and they keep blaming Washington and the colored guy who is in charge. its the everyday choice we make, a car is a replenishible income to this countries economy, once a house is built its built. believe me, my mom drives a Hyundai, my brother drives a Nissan and his wife drives a Mazda. we cant sustain on this path and if i could get one person to change thier mind and that person to change someone elses mind maybe our kids will have a better future. its a fckin car it gets you from point a to point b, why not in an americn?
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

i finally let my LHS work car go at 200000 without a lick of problems and i overheated it so bad once that the oil was boiling in the pan and i had to leave it sit for 3 hours
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 11:54pm
   I personally, would love to see our roads full of American autos built by American labor w/ American sourced parts. Unfortunately, I firmly believe that with no foriegn competition you would be paying $60k for a Chevy Cobalt. Domestic cars are getting better quality-wise because they have to.... If they hadn't, the imports would have eventually seized the market because Ford's flagship daily driver would still be the Tempo. My wife had a 2006 Mustang GT conv. and it was one of the nicest, most solidly built american cars I have seen in a long time. I was highly impressed with everything about that car and I wish she had kept it(although I would have most likely have lost my license by now if she had!). And that is saying something, because I am a self proclaimed Ford hater. (No offense Mr Bragg)
   As for Joe-bama in the Whitehouse, I'm not even going there. This countries problems are way bigger than one man will ever be.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 10:21am
mike, not so true, you make money 2 ways, in pricing or in volume, the volume of american cars got cut by 60% which means the shortfallings increase the price of the car, the assembly line was created for volume and i believe the more american cars they sell the less the price of the car.
i would never sit face to face and argue this or even politics, my feelings are still out on Joe-Bama, he has did some unpublished good such as knocking down Cobra payments to the laid off crew, cutting it in half, bigger tax credits for children, he walked into a 2 trillion dollar deficit that Bush (as an evil politician) not a repub created, were no more safer today than we were in sept 2001, we got pissed off at Sadaam cause he stepped into kuwait in hopes of controlling oil, we sold him arms the year before. once we get this electric car thing sorted out we wont need the middle east. they are on the edge of pumping dry and are trying to gear up a city (Dubai) for tourism....I'll go to Las Vegas, this country was a big pool of liquid money and it is being sent in every direction and the pool keeps getting shallower because ther is nothing to replenish it with, I drove thru Detroit yesterday, if want some realism take a drive thru there....lots of tumbleweeds
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 11:29am
I ordered a 2010 Chevrolet H2500 11/2/09 and have not gotten a BUILD DATE YET!
hasbeenskier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 11:40am
with the Duramax??!!!!!,
i could name 10 chevy Tahoes or 1500's with over 200k on the clock, props to you, thats a work truck, put a plow on one of those Tundras and see what happens lol
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 12:03pm
I sold my F150 5 years ago with 200k on it and it's still on the road. My wife's Suburban is approaching 200k and has plenty of life left in it.

Without imports though, GM would still be forcing us to buy junk. And until Japan dominated the motor cylce market for a couple decades, HD was turning out junk. People don't seem to bad mouth AMF Harleys now, but back in the day they were consdered poorly made and very undepenable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic