Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gas shooting out top of carb

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gas shooting out top of carb
    Posted: April-29-2005 at 3:02am
There are two ways to tell on the starter. easiest is to put it on a test stand at any auto parts store and watch the rotation, the second is to look at the relief cut of the gear tooth, it will be on the trailing edge or root of the tooth and provides clearnce as the flywheel teeth mess with the cranking motor's gear teeth.
sterling View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sterling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2005 at 9:30pm
excellent call!!!

yes, I did just replace the starter that was ordered by a mechanic..... that could be it!! How do I differentiate between the right and wrong starter?

Have I potentially caused long term damage to anything?
73skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2005 at 6:40pm
my 73 did the same thing got the wrong starter so it blew gas out just like that and wouldn't start.can also catch fire from piston firing thru the carb.
tdkosta View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdkosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2005 at 5:31am
Did you have replace your starter or have it rebuit? It could be cranking the engine the wrong direction.
sterling View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sterling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2005 at 9:44pm
any suggestions? I am engine ignorant

engine not starting....gas shooting out of the top of the carb like a foutain about two feet high.....

stuck valves?

all valves seem to be moving correctly...if that means anything...
I would definitely appreciate anyone's comments!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic