Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

V drive or Direct drive

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
woodyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V drive or Direct drive
    Posted: October-22-2008 at 10:54pm
I have a '91 natiquic excel with only 280 hrs. It just started to misfire and the engine went to 2500rpm. I am assuming that the coil module has gone bad. I understand that the part has been faulty from the begining and there is no replacement and a conversion kit must be purchased. Is this a step backwards in performance or is the conversion as good as the Protec?
My second question is concerning the drive of my boat. I bought my boat from the showroom floor and has always been under the impression that it was a 'V' drive. The Model of the boat is; PRO WR R10T. The WR refers to a Borg Werner Trans with a reverseor reduction gear. A WVR would refer to the V' drive. The 10 refers to a direct
drive with a 1-1 gear ratio.
Can you clear this up for me.

Woodyz
91 Excel
Woodyz 91 Excel
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 11:22pm
WoodyZ - A V drive has the engine in the back. A direct drive has it in the middle of the boat. Hope this clears it up.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 11:26pm
If your boat is an Excel it is a V-Drive, engine at the rear facing rearward with transmission forward.
A direct drive the engine is in the center of the boat facing forward with the transmission behind/aft.
The boat ran better after the Pro-Tec Conversion then it did from brand new when we did it on our 93', no worries.
woodyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 11:14pm
Did you do the conversion yourself or did you have a dealer do it?
Woody

Woodyz 91 Excel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic