NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8283848586 442>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 1:16pm
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 1:41pm
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 1:59pm
like to have that in my 82sn
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 2:40pm
Greg, you thinking about a spare pumpkin?
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 2:56pm
Someone find a home for that motor in a mustang!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Greg, you thinking about a spare pumpkin?

Always.

I posted that because of the context of the ad; several things jump out at me.

I could do more than 1 for 6K.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 2:14am
70 CC in the UK
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

70 CC in the UK

Looks alot like Keegan's boat
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 11:06am
It has a diving board!

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

70 CC in the UK

Looks alot like Keegan's boat

Does look a lot like mine but I think this is a 74 given the bar across the transom and windshield. I bet that gel cleans up pretty good.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 1:26pm
I wonder what they did to the engine to need the metal flares coming off the doghouse. SInce it does not come with one I guess it did not work out too well.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

Does look a lot like mine but I think this is a 74 given the bar across the transom and windshield. I bet that gel cleans up pretty good.

The square framed windshield was an option from 1971 on up. This Skier is an example of that.

Reid and I have concluded that '73 was the last year for the colored hulls and decks- from '74 forward they were all white. Based on the switch labels, lifting ring style and the cleats, Id say it is a '73. That rope clearance bar may have been a mid-'73 addition too.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 2:07pm
I can't win. These are always on the west coast. This is exactly what I have been looking for: degree of completeness, finish, vintage, price....
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 2:08pm
Anyone in Phoenix want to pick up a set of rims and tires for me? I pay asking price of the ad, you keep/resell the tires and ship me the rims.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Anyone in Phoenix want to pick up a set of rims and tires for me? I pay asking price of the ad, you keep/resell the tires and ship me the rims.

So what your saying is if someone will do a Rim Job for you they can keep the used Rubber??
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

So what your saying is if someone will do a Rim Job for you they can keep the used Rubber??

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

You guys must have set that one up!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 4:11pm
X 3 LOL !!!!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The square framed windshield was an option from 1971 on up. This Skier is an example of that.

Reid and I have concluded that '73 was the last year for the colored hulls and decks- from '74 forward they were all white. Based on the switch labels, lifting ring style and the cleats, Id say it is a '73. That rope clearance bar may have been a mid-'73 addition too.

Cool fact about the gel color. Never noticed that they are all white after 73. I kind of wish my rope clearance bar was a bit more substantial. People always think it is there to grab onto when getting in and out. It has a nice sharp edge too that has left its mark on many a shin! But its original...

1973 Skier
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

X 3 LOL !!!!

X99 if someone knows someone capable of doing this y'all can keep laughing all you want!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 8:49pm

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Cool fact about the gel color. Never noticed that they are all white after 73. I kind of wish my rope clearance bar was a bit more substantial. People always think it is there to grab onto when getting in and out. It has a nice sharp edge too that has left its mark on many a shin! But its original...

I'll bet you could have a more solid bar made that would do double duty as rope clearance and grab bar and then put substantial enough backing under the deck to accomplish both purposes. If it were done right, I'll bet it would fool all but the most observant CC folks.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 10:38pm
Has this ONE    been posted?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2011 at 12:45am
Yes it has Marty.   With a bit of TLC that would be a nice boat.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2011 at 3:11am

I'll bet you could have a more solid bar made that would do double duty as rope clearance and grab bar and then put substantial enough backing under the deck to accomplish both purposes. If it were done right, I'll bet it would fool all but the most observant CC folks.

I would call that a restomod. Modifying something to be what it would have/should have been if the idea or technology existed. The new propellers are an example of this too.

Jay Leno wrote a cool article on this in Popular Mechanics. Leno's Garage
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2011 at 5:10pm
This one made me smile - It's GREAT!

Everything about it: Price, Colors, "Original" and description.... Bow mounted spotlight and lack of windshield would be handy.... I'm surprised it wasn't designed for Cypress Gardens (their lakes are REALLY small)........Ha!

Steve
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2011 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

I would call that a restomod. Modifying something to be what it would have/should have been if the idea or technology existed. The new propellers are an example of this too.

Jay Leno wrote a cool article on this in Popular Mechanics. Leno's Garage

It could definitely be done but is pretty low on my agenda right now. Especially since I already replaced all the wood under the deck there in the rear last year. Cool article!

1973 Skier
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2011 at 6:15pm
here is a Mustang 17 that showed up in Atlanta Craigs List today

Mustang 17
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2011 at 6:32pm
looks like a nice boat for the $
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2011 at 3:02pm
Not a CC but still a descent looking boat for the price

1986 American Skier
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2011 at 9:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8283848586 442>
  Share Topic