NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 29>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 5:23pm
2010 Chevy Silervado 1500 Z71

http://s934.photobucket.com/user/inboardfan/media/Truck_zpsc402b51a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/inboardfan/media/Truck_zpsc402b51a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=138748177128204347239398891524

http://s934.photobucket.com/user/inboardfan/media/Truck_zpsc402b51a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/inboardfan/media/truck_02_zpsa750cae7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=138748177128204347239398891524
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 5:27pm
2010 Chevy Silverado Z71

http://s934.photobucket.com/user/inboardfan/media/Truck_zpsc402b51a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/inboardfan/media/truck_02_zpsa750cae7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=138748177128204347239398891524
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 5:32pm
trying again
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 5:35pm
Strike three. You're out! lol
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 5:51pm
Zing!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 6:06pm
Does it look like this Greg??

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 6:54pm
Dude, it is the site....I have never had so many issues with uploading pictures before - even opened up a photobucket account to
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 6:56pm
Chris,
That is it - guess I need to go back to computer school.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 6:58pm
Stop typing with your knuckles, lol
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 7:02pm
Nice truck!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 1:24pm
Update since my last post on this topic.
Since unfortunately our old dog passed early November (he loved riding in the CC)

we got a new "puppy" a few weeks ago

Which I took as an excuse to get my wife a new ride, since Daisy will be huge once fully grown (this is the new official tow vehicle)

Now we'r off to Orlando for some time off at a small lake with the CC
Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
1994 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 1:35pm
nice tahoe
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 3:14pm
Seb,

Is your wifey the hunter/shooter in the family??

Big Rig for Big Doggie
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 3:26pm
Hollywood,
Thanks. She loves it.

Quinner,
Nope, that would be me (in every possible way/meaning..)
But she comes along to hunt/shoot and manages the guns quite well (after all what would you expect from us down here in GA?)
1994 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 11:47pm
Talk about the guy who has everything, a Sport, a cute dog, a pretty wife, and a Tahoe!

I bought a 2010 Tahoe in August, really enjoy it. I was ready for a quiet, smooth, ride in a big vehicle and it's as good as it gets. Tows decently, tow/haul mode works great too. If I'm seeing it correctly you have an LTZ, same as mine, you'll love the auto-ride leveling suspension.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 3:18pm
I've been following this thread, as it seems I will need to upgrade tow vehicles sometime in the future.    How does the Tahoe do for gas mileage?   I have a Dodge D-250 diesel pickup now, and get 17mpg towing, and 22-25 on the freeway. Space is the issue now...   no way we're going to fit 3 kids in the truck to go camping, which means we would need 2 cars...   the Tahoe seems like it could fit the bill.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 3:36pm
I get 16-17 in mixed driving, can get 20 on a highway trip. I haven't done enough long distance towing with it to know the mileage drop with the boat in tow, would guess you could match your 17 on the highway.

I chose it because you can seat 8 with a rear bench, 7 if you get the rear buckets. I end up hauling quite a few kids at various times in the summer and need the 3rd row seating. Your kids will love the room!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 3:40pm
One other Tahoe comment - a Tahoe with the 3rd row seats in use has very little room in back of those seats, by the hatch. A Suburban is the identical vehicle with about 20" more space back there. There's a lot of times that I wish I had a Suburban (loved my '97 diesel Sub!) but I drive a lot and chose the Tahoe for easier daily use.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 3:57pm
We also have a 2009 LTZ Tahoe (4x4) and when towing we average around 13.5 mpg. Best we do around town is 18. I will say that it is a darn nice ride though. As a reminder, do not try to remove the boat / trailer from the Tahoe with it running as you will be fighting the autoride/level system.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 6:41pm
Wife is driving a 2011 yukon 2wd. Our 2nd yukon. We also had a yukon xl. We are a fam of 4. Its a perfect wife vehicle and for haulin kids going on vacay and such. Tows pretty nice too. Agree with previous poster about lack of storage when 3rd row is in use. The xl was nice, but for us it was just too much vehicle for the 3 or 4 times per year when The extra space came in handy. Our average economy is 15.9mpg. Wife works less than 3 miles from home so 95% of the miles are in town. They are a fine ride no doubt an excellent all around vehicle IMO. Im most impressed with the resale of GM full suze trucks and SUVs too. They stay in demand even with high miles.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 7:15pm
I took a road trip up north in a friends new 4wd Suburban and was surprised how nice it was. It had 4 captains chairs and with the four of us guys you could almost forget you were on the road. It was very quiet. It reminded me a little of a flower power van of the 70s but without the shag carpet and bong water stains. Funny part is the trip computer showed about 20 mpg and one of the other guys commented his Odyssey only gets something like 22 on the highway.
I liked it. I prefer small cars so coming from me this is high praise.
The comment about removing the trailer with the load leveling suspension active is pretty funny.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

It reminded me a little of a flower power van of the 70s but without the shag carpet and bong water stains.

So John, you're saying on the recent trip there weren't bong water stains because there was no carpet, right?

That comment definitely made me chuckle!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 9:25pm
[/IMG]
My 2000 GMC Yukon,137K, 5.3 V8, 4x4,Indigo Blue,Grey Leather, 3rd row seat. I bought this to fit the 3 kids and the dog on our trips. This truck launches and retrieves my 26' 7500# Pursuit each year. It has hauled that boat from Cape Cod to Lake Winnipausaki twice for vacation, it has hauled the ski boat all over New England, as well as the snowmbile's and trailer, and even flat towed my CJ5 for trips! On my latest long haul trip, I averaged 16.5 mpg unloaded and 13.5 hauling a ski boat.Its been a good reliabe truck, but the N E winters are starting to take it toll!
Old school goin back to school!
barefootjames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefootjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 12:31pm
I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 with 168k miles. I have towed trailers round trip to Florida several times.   I have had to replace tires, brakes, and batteries, but basically I've had several thousand trouble free miles.
If I was to replace this vehicle, I would choose the longer wheel based Suburban 4x4 because the shorter wheel vehicle's ride is greatly affected by the trailer. Such as when the trailer encounters bumps, or when there are cross winds. Another reason would be storage area. When I take other people to the lake in the back seat, the storage area behind the back seat is greatly reduced.
The 4x4 is very helpful at the wet/slippery boat ramps, or the dirt/sand boat ramps.
Just so you know, this Tahoe was chose by my wife during a time period when we did not own a boat and did not plan to buy another boat. Now that we have another boat, I will accept the ride as it is.
I hope this helps someone that is considering purchasing one of these vehicles.
2005 Super Air Nautique Team Edition Blue/Black Reverse Color Hull
1997 Ski Nautique White/Blue/Black Sold
1997 Ski Nautique White/Black - Sold
1991 Barefoot Nautique White/Medium Blue/Light Blue - Sold
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 1:21pm
We have a 2011 Suburban 4WD, which is my wife's daily driver. We already have 75K miles on it. The ride is great and it pulls well. We have had no real mechanical trouble (a few check engine lights which I think was a loose gas cap or bad gas), but several little things have quit working or fallen off (a hole worn through the rear carpet at a bolt point, rear seat IR transmitter for headphones quit working, stuck on trim on the door falling off, rear window defogger wire un-soldered), which I think is ridiculous for a $50-60K car. We had the 2005 ZR71 before, which I was planning to keep forever, but the transmission fell apart with just over 100K miles, and the rebuild only lasted 9 months (just outside the warranty miles of course). With 4 kids, we use the 3 row and the space behind all of the time, so the Tahoe wouldn't work well for us. My best friend has the same style Tahoe with just two kids, even so, when he goes on long trips he drags an enclosed trailer! I will probably trade for another one soon, in spite of the minor stuff on the current one...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 5:08pm
We want the 3rd row badly, as well as a wider back seat in general. We take 5 hour trips up to the cabin all the time in the summer as well as at least one big road trip a year and our venerable 4R is just way too tight with a family of 4 and all of our gear. With a car seat and a booster in the back there is only about 1.5 butt cheeks worth of width left in the back seat so it's tough to tend to the kids on the road.

We're now eyeballing a new Sequoia to replace the 4Runner (anybody want our 4R?). Absolutely enormous vehicle in all ways, and in the mid-50's it seems like a pretty good value. Pretty easy on the eyes too. We were looking hard at the Merc MLs- they tow well and have the 3rd row, but ultimately I think we'd still be wanting for room with one of those. How are the current Expeditions & Burbos? Worth a look?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 5:27pm
good to know!   thanks to all of you for the info.   We have an 02 Odyssey currently, and while it has been a great car, we get 16mpg city and approx. 22mpg highway. It is comfortable, but the economy was surprising to me, and the lack of towing reliability (trans issues)makes it less than ideal for the boat.    We have considered trading to the Tahoe/suburban as my wife's daily driver to replace the Odyssey, or trading the truck for a Ford Crew cab. One of the current considerations is that I have to make a 6 point turn to get the boat out of the garage... the 22' truck and the 22.5' trailer have the front bumper on the fence across the alley from me, and the guide poles of the trailer right at the garage door. It's pretty stressful to get the boat out of the garage without whacking something.   With the turning radius on my 2wd truck taking this much effort, I see a 4wd being even worse for pulling in and out, so the shorter rig would be nice for that aspect. The Tahoe's Gas mileage doesn't seem too outrageous after driving the Odyssey for a while, so it may be more of a contender than I had originally anticipated
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 5:40pm
Quote    We have an 02 Odyssey currently, and while it has been a great car, we get 16mpg city and approx. 22mpg highway. It is comfortable, but the economy was surprising to me, and the lack of towing reliability (trans issues)makes it less than ideal for the boat.    

I guess the guy I know was accurate on his Odyssey mileage at 22. He traded it on a new F150 Ecoboost 4-door last summer immediately after replacing the Odyssey transmission for the third time. All he tows is a fishing boat several times a year.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 5:56pm
Kris
Depending on the grade of your driveway you may want to consider one fo these.http://www.amazingfind.us/p/Tow-Tuff-Tmd-600aff-Adjustable-Dolly-Trailer-33830716.html

I use one to manuver my boats within the garage with relative ease.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
ST79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 6:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 29>
  Share Topic