NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 305306307308309 442>
Author
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

All it needs is a time machine.

LMAO

1999 Ski Nautique 196
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:05pm
All red 66 Wildcat with 440 Chrysler in Memphis. Looks original but I defer to the experts.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:09pm
Looks like a decent boat. If it's a 440, it must be repowered as in '66 it would have been a 426 if it was a big block. I doubt it's a hemi if it's actually a 426. It looks original to me.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:30pm
Its not like you can mistake a 440 for a 426 hemi. If it had a 426 in it, I would buy it for the motor and scrap the rest of it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:36pm
Most likely a 426 wedge... We were discussing this boat the other day- seems like a steal, too bad I'm not in the market. Where's Morfoot??
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:36pm
426 wedge versus hemi. Is a 426 wedge easy to tell from a 440?
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:42pm
Don't the spark plugs go through the top of the heads on a Hemi where the spark plugs are placed on the side of the heads?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:45pm
Yes, but a hemi is a whole different animal. I've never heard of a production 426 hemi boat engine. Boat engines were 426 wedges. That's a nicer boat than that red Riviera that was posted last week.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:46pm
Zach, joe or Reid may know... I believe they're both RB engines that would look the same from the outside.
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:50pm
I don't think there is that much visual difference between the 440 and 426 wedge. I miss read what you wrote. I saw wedge vs. hemi and visual difference. My bad.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:12pm
Theres some differences in the valve cover shapes between a 440 and a 426 wedge, but not much else. The wedges (in their automotive lives) all had exhaust manifolds that came up and over the spark plugs and then down over the the back corners of the engine much like marine manifolds, and it made for some real pain to get at the valves to adjust them, requiring either an intake manifold or exhaust manifold removal (in the max wedge versions anyway). Even the tamer versions (there were two) were pushing over 400HP from the factory. Don't know what they did to them to marinize them, but the engine alone is worth more than the price of the boat, even as a wedge version.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:18pm
There's been some 426 wedge boats that have gone well under $3k over the years. I've only seen one in person and it has dual quads and its in a Century. Someone ought jump on the Wildcat. Wish I had the time and money.
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:24pm
Great looking 1979 Ski Nautique in Jacksonville FL.

1979 Ski Nautique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

All red 66 Wildcat with 440 Chrysler in Memphis. Looks original but I defer to the experts.

Never really looked at the Wildcats, but the hull seems odd. It at first looks like a deep V boat, but the running surface looks flat, more like a SN when looking at the transom. Definitely tapers out a ton at the deck and makes for a roomy interior.

Sure looks like a great boat for a potential (but not necessarily immediate) restoration, as it looks like it's pretty unmolested and has all the little details in place.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by a0128 a0128 wrote:

1979 Ski Nautique

Too bad they blew the color on the new graphics.. It should be the lighter blue to match the nice original interior...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:34pm
Go Team Blew
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

1979 Ski Nautique

Too bad they blew the color on the new graphics.. It should be the lighter blue to match the nice original interior...

I think the white balance is off on a couple of the pictures. Those florescent shop lights will do that. There is one of the cockpit and observer's seat (with outdoor lighting) where the seat looks closer to the graphics color. In any event a nice looking 1979.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:50pm
Yeah, but it should look like this, then he has something even nicer.. That blue is definately off..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 3:59pm
Whew! Tough crowd here. LOL.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 4:04pm

[
I think the white balance is off on a couple of the pictures.

I concur, those blues are closer then they look in the picture. It's not the dark outline, light blue fill that are in Moj's pictures, but I am betting they are much closer in person.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 4:15pm

Whew! Tough crowd here. LOL.

Naa, I just am a huge fan of the light color blue.
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 4:22pm
This seams to be a great deal at $9,900.00.

1996 Super Sport

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 4:34pm
And something going on with the trailer.

No prop guard but the wishbone goes to the transom. Axle is way behind but plenty of trailer up at the pointy end...

I don't have the energy for another in-depth trailer analysis. Makes me think it's an early 80's 2001 #3 high-boy with added bunk up front.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by mark c mark c wrote:

Don't know what they did to them to marinize them, but the engine alone is worth more than the price of the boat, even as a wedge version.

Not so much - if it's a 66 with a 426 it's likely a 290 hp - relatively tame version - a marinized max wedge setup would be big money but other than it being a relatively rare block that is sometimes sought out to produce a max wedge clone there is nothing exciting to command a premium with the marine 426. Other than badging or casting marks it is indistinguishable from a 440. Would be nice of there were motor pics - either way the rest looks dead on original to a 1966 wildcat and running with salvageable gel it would be a very nice boat for someone. I'm in Atlanta now but I doubt they will let me add it to my checked luggage.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
marlo14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlo14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 7:58pm
Super Sport trailer is right. It does have a prop guard and the axle is further back because the v-drive. It looks like a good price, wondering what may be the issues, as the pictures don't look too bad?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by marlo14 marlo14 wrote:

Super Sport trailer is right. It does have a prop guard and the axle is further back because the v-drive. It looks like a good price, wondering what may be the issues, as the pictures don't look too bad?

HW was referring to the 79.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/4904735919.html

It looks like they just extended the bunks and slid the bow stop forward, tongue weight be damned! I bet it's 18" too far forward and the tongue weight is 500+ lbs. Between that and the graphics (agreed- color match is poor, though it was unlikely the light blue originally), he sure did a bang up job. The thing I like most about it (original vinyl) he points out as a minus!

That SS won't last long at all.
marlo14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlo14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 8:22pm
I'm a dummy! Sorry. I called on the ss. He said he's pretty sure it's sold...30 calls ahead of me.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 9:10pm
Tough call on that one,hasn't been used in years,low hours but no pictures of that or the engine,no way to watertest,carefully posed pictures of the interior etc---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 9:28pm
One of my pet peeves. Ads that state low hours but the hours aren't mentioned. If the hours are low wouldn't the seller want to proudly post them?! But if this super sport had 1,000+ hrs it still would be worth a look with that asking price..
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

It looks like they just extended the bunks and slid the bow stop forward, tongue weight be damned! I bet it's 18" too far forward and the tongue weight is 500+ lbs.

I just guessing but maybe he set it up that way so it would fit in the garage. It looks like from one of the photo's with the garage door down that this just may be the case. I hope he is close to the ramp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 305306307308309 442>
  Share Topic