NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring fuel sending unit

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:03pm
I saw the other post too.

I'm a little less than fully satisfied, since I would think that a float arm that is too long would prevent the gauge from reading all the way empty (since it hits the bottom before it get the full downward swing), and the first post said it pegs to empty. But, I suppose if just jams in there on the install it could happen.
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:17pm
I guess that if it was just on the borderline of against the stop and jamming against the bottom and the fuel sloshed into it from the port side, it might get driven harder into the bottom. Or, if he took the tank off its mounts to get it out, installed the unit, then bolted the tank back down, it could have pushed the tank bottom hard against the arm. I preferred the earlier senders that had the oval-shaped float bent at 90 degrees to the arm. They laid flatter against the surface of the fuel, therefore I think yielded better accuracy.
Art
"Art"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic