Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1973-1979 Ski Nautique lettering

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
davedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973-1979 Ski Nautique lettering
    Posted: October-14-2006 at 8:31am
Hi Mike
There are two styles of lettering on the '73 Ski Nautiques. There is a large graphic for the National Ski Nautique Tow Boat and a smaller "Ski-Nautique" Which one are you looking for? We are currently restoring our '73, it has the National Tow Boat graphic and we will be doing a tracing of the lettering. Let us know if we can help you further.
Dave,American Boat Restoration
www.americanboatrestoration.com
Jared Johnston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Johnston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2006 at 9:32am
Hey I will make you a deal!!!
I've got the exact same delima at the moment. I'm restoring a 1978 Ski Nautique, and I removed all the lettering off the side of the boat all ready. However, before I did, I had my girlfriend do a nice smooth trace of the letters on an 8 foot piece of Wax Paper. I have the wax paper, but so far my best quote on having the letters re-created is in the neighborhood of way too much money. If you can cut me a set of white ones, I'll cover the cost of the vynil while supplying PDF files of the traced lettering. Would that be a fair deal?
A boat is just a hole in the water to toss your money into. Here is mine! http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=865&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 6:29pm
do it!
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
coachbrian76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coachbrian76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 6:03pm
If you can get the lettering, I would buy a set. I can't find those damn things ANYWHERE!!

Brian
Brian
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 6:04am
Your best bet is to find a boat and trace the lettering on a roll of tracing paper. And you'll need to cut vertical splits on the edges of the paper so it will form to the boat.
Tim D
spylab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spylab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 10:59pm
xoxo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic